Wednesday, March 18, 2009

YOUTUBE: TAKE OFF THE "Last Sign In"

YouTube channel

There's no way to remove the "Last Sign In" on your YouTube profile. Some people might not care to much, but for others it is a constant annoyance.

I mean: why do I have to announce to the world that I log into my YouTube channel hourly... or not at all... Shouldn't that stuff be private? Any way, does the time need to be sooooo exact?

For some of the more popular YouTubers out there, the "Last Sign In" is watched carefully by their fans. I've had people send me messages, trying to have an instant message conversation over YouTube, when they see I just signed on a few minutes ago. That is just plain annoying.

Now I understand that it is handy to know what users are active and which aren't; because as we all know, some accounts have been dead for years... and nothing is more annoying than sending an important message to someone, only to never get a response.

So to make everyone happy, why doesn't YouTube just make the "Last Sign In" an approximate time. Like this, instead of it saying I last signed in "12 minutes ago," it should say "within the last 3 days."

***If you have a complaint, email me at StuffWrongWithYouTube@gmail.com and I will probably post it.


*By the way, the picture above is of the channel "YouTube", and it oddly states the joining time as "December 31, 1969." If anyone knows the story behind this, please share.



No comments:

Post a Comment